Friday, September 1, 2017

The List: Reason # 6 to be excited about TV this fall. Scandal Ends!


The Secret Is Out. Scandal is ending.

Most of the shows on our list have been said to be more important now than ever. I don't feel the same way about Scandal. We definitely don't need a show like Scandal right now. That is not a diss to Scandal, Shonda Rhimes, Kerry Washington or ABC. We have enough real life scandal going on in Washington that watching it on TV isn't as riveting as it was years ago. In fact, it can be down right depressing. How could Scandal possibly entertain us more than the current reality show that is America 2017? The answer is: It probably can't but Shonda Rhimes and crew will try one more time to get us tuned in.

I have to admit that I skipped the entire sixth season of Scandal because I was so shellshocked by the election that I didn't want to watch anything that had anything to do with Washington, politics, and for damn sure not a First Lady running for president or a scandalous president. Things just got too real. I may have not been alone because the sixth season of Scandal was the lowest rated season of its run. I have no idea what I missed but thank GOD for DVR.

I'll have to catch up before the final season airs. I plan to tune in to see what surprises are in store for us. I have a feeling this final season might be the best one yet. When there are no restraints, the writing for television shows seems to improve. The writers can basically do anything they want to do with the characters and create whatever booming splash in the end.

Seeing this show come to an end is kind of sad. At one point, folks would have Scandal watch parties on Thursday nights. I haven't heard much about that lately but I can't say that they are no longer happening. Maybe they've just dwindled away in my universe. I'm going to publicly challenge my friends to have at least one Scandal party this year, since it is the end of its run. And don't fret too much over Shonda Rhimes' future. She recently signed an exclusive deal to move Shondaland Productions over to Netflix.

The seventh and final season of Scandal premieres October 5th at 9/8c on ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment